National Volunteer Week | Meet Jac
Volunteers are an integral part of the Ashburton Art Gallery and since it is National Volunteer Week 16-22 June, we are taking the opportunity to celebrate these superstars!
From Visitor Host roles, to helping with catering at event openings, to assisting with our education programmes, and sitting as members on our committee we just wouldn’t be the same without our volunteers. We have a huge range of ages that work with us at the Gallery from 14 through to 80 years of age. They inspire us with their creativity, generosity, energy, and passion for the Gallery on a daily basis.
We will be releasing a series of quick, fun volunteer profiles on our website and Facebook for the community to get to know our volunteers better and to celebrate Volunteer Week.
Your Name: Jac Sparks
- How long have you lived in Ashburton? 34 years!
- How many cups of coffee/tea do you drink a day? 6
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? Cramming more into time- extending it. Tardis
- What has been your favourite exhibition the Gallery has had so far and why? The Water Project
- Tell us about the artwork that has had the most emotional/inspirational impact on you? “Sun Setting Over a Lake”” William Turner
- If you were a painter what would you style and medium be? Mixed Media – Line and Paint
- Describe your personality in five words? Imaginative, curiouse, restless, enquiring, polymath
- What’s your favourite book? “The Lord of the Rings” – JRR Tolkien
- What is one item of clothing you will never throw out? My woolly skirt with the fringe
- Where is your next holiday destination? Africa
- Are you a cat or dog person? Dog